10 Year Old Boy Bitten By A Viper Is Saved Thanks To Laniado
A 10-year-old boy, a resident of Kiryat Hasharon in Netanya, went out last night with a number of friends for a short walk in the orchards adjacent to his neighborhood. During the walk, he suddenly felt a strong bite on the sole of his foot and severe pain that began to develop immediately.
The boy turned on his cell phone’s flashlight, saw blood, and bite marks on his foot, and a black-and-yellow snake next to it. The frightened boy called his father, who arrived at the scene within minutes. The father immediately called MADA and the child was rushed to the emergency unit of the Pediatric Ward of Laniado Hospital, where he received professional and dedicated care by the director of the ward, Dr. Bella Kosinowski, a team of pediatricians and a toxicologist. During the course of the treatment, the child received * five doses of anti-venom in order to stabilize his condition and save his life *.
“The kids in the neighborhood are not in an (educational) framework right now, and as parents we must allow them to go out and get some air. After this stressful event, I spread a message to the residents of the neighborhood to be very careful when walking in areas prone to such calamity," said the father.
Dr. Yaakov Schechter, director of the Children’s Ward at Laniado Hospital, said, “This incident could have ended very differently. We had to give the child a large dose of antibodies to save his life. I appeal to parents- Take care of your children and make sure they go for walks wearing shoes and it is better not to walk in places where snakes may be present ".